Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Week Ten

My father has always been a strong role model in my life. I connect with him and feel like I am a lot like him. I have always been a daddy's girl and have loved having a committed, spiritual, loving father in my life. I know that not everyone is so lucky to have such a strong father figure in their life. I knew that when I got married that I wanted to marry someone who had the qualities of my father in them, such as spirituality, dedication to family, and a love for adventure as well as life. I have been lucky to find those qualities in my husband. I think that in finding a spouse it is important to be looking for those strong qualities you desire and to not stray from them. Its never good to be overly-critical, but when you are choosing your forever someone, you want to make sure you don't just choose the first person you think is amazing.
Talking about finances is something that I usually don't like to do because I get stressed over thinking about how to properly budget. However, this time it was really beneficial for me. I went home and talked to my husband and we made a budget that day. We have had budgets before, but we needed something that was a little bit more forceful or helpful in reminding us if we were on track or not. We found this amazing site called mint.com. I would recommend it to everyone! Through mint.com we were able to create a budget that was reasonable and even create goals for future family vacations! I really appreciated the One For the Money book that we received as well because it helped me to realize what is most important to be looking at when budgeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment