Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Week Eleven

The discussions and subject matter we talked about in class was very easy for me to understand and be motivated to be involved in class about. Mainly, this was due to the fact that I am taking a parenting class this semester. I feel like a lot of the material we covered in class was kind of a review of my semester in my parenting class, and I really appreciated it!
Something I really enjoyed discussing was the differences in parenting and how different kinds of family living situations can alter the way that parenting styles can affect children. How we choose to parent our children really does affect the way that they view life and interact with others. Out of all of the parenting styles, I would hope that I would be an authoritative parent, but I know that I do have a tendency to be a bit overbearing sometimes. I worry about those I love and want to protect them from any harm. Sometimes its important to let your children make their own mistakes though, and then be there for them when they need to be comforted and picked back up. As always, a strong parenting relationship is based on a strong marriage. Basically everything in the family can be traced back to a strong marriage, and that is why it is so important for us to work as hard as we can to keep our marriages strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment